Located in the heart of the Museum District, the front yard of the historic 1929 Gothic Sanctuary Building was underutilized and uninviting. The Bankston Green project, named after the longest serving Senior Pastor in the church’s history, Dr. James L. Bankston, completely reworked this area to provide an inviting prayer garden around a pre-existing Labyrinth. The project won a 2014 Keep Houston Beautiful Landmark Award and is welcoming to members and the general public alike, serving as a new “door” to the church. Before the project, it was rare to see more than one individual using the space. Now, one sees large numbers of people gathering, praying and walking the labyrinth. The project is the second phase of our firm’s long range Master Plan for the campus.